Rabu, 12 September 2012

The Star Online: Entertainment: Music


Klik GAMBAR Dibawah Untuk Lebih Info
Sumber Asal Berita :-

The Star Online: Entertainment: Music


Country's Kix Brooks starts over after split with Dunn

Posted: 11 Sep 2012 07:32 PM PDT

NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Kix Brooks admits to a case of nerves in releasing "New to This Town," his first solo album since the split-up of his 20-year country music partnership with Ronnie Dunn.

But Brooks, a Louisiana native, said he was proud of the 12-song record, released on Tuesday, which showcases his fun-loving, swamp-infused, quirky, country-influenced sound.

"This release is very much like starting over to me. Now that I have a few shows under my belt, I remember who I was and what I do and it feels right," said Brooks.

The two singers retired as a duo in 2010 after 20 years as country music's most successful pairing and 20 No. 1 hits including "Ain't Nothing Bout You," and "My Maria."

Brooks, 57, acknowledged the partnership was a tough act to follow, but has enjoyed rediscovering the music that portrays him individually.

"When Ronnie and I came off the road, I took some time, worked on some movies, did some fun stuff, and got my brain away from the duo for a minute," Brooks told Reuters.

"It was kind of fun to have that freedom of writing, coming up with awesome new songs that reflect where I come from," he said.

"I'm nervous and excited at the same time. Obviously any artist would be lying if he told you he didn't care what people thought about his music or if it were successful. You don't work this hard making music for yourself," he said.

The title track, "New To This Town," has became a metaphor for Brooks' re-entry into solo work. And the song almost didn't make it onto the disc.

"I thought I was through with the album, but I still had one writing session with (country songwriters ) Terry McBride and Marv Green. Marv had this idea. I loved it and we wrote the song," he said.

Brooks said he actually recorded 50 songs in total but only 12 made it to the album, which spans several genres.

"It's the way I've always played and listened to music. I don't know if it's versatile or schizophrenic!" he said. - Reuters

A music feast

Posted: 11 Sep 2012 02:16 AM PDT

Three Malaysian music legends talk about the bond they have with each other, and the concert they are going to perform together.

MALAYSIAn music legends Datuk Ahmad Nawab, Datuk Khadijah Ibrahim and Jamal Abdillah are set to entertain fans in Malaysia and Singapore in their upcoming Konsert Gemilang Tour.

The idea for the concert was dreamed up by Ahmad Nawab himself.

"What I wanted to do was not only give the audience a good time by performing together, but also tell them our personal stories, our ups and downs, our challenges and our joy in working with one another," he said.

Ahmad Nawab added that he chose Khadijah and Jamal as his co-performers because he thinks of them as family members, and as such had always hoped to perform with them.

"We have known each other for more than 30 years. The chemistry we have, the experiences we share, nothing can be sweeter than that. Undoubtedly, we have a bond.

"And what could be better than inviting our fans to understand and appreciate the bond as much as we do?"

Keeping herself busy these days as a restaurateur and an interior decor consultant, Khadijah, or more fondly known as Kathy to her fans, is very excited to pair up with the two men.

She said that she can hardly wait to perform with them, and her advice to the audience is to bring a box of tissues, or preferably, a towel, as there will be tears at the concert.

"I have known Jamal before he even started his singing career, and Ahmad Nawab was one of the people who launched my career.

"We have shared countless moments together, and now I am delighted that we get to bring the fans on a more personal journey.

"What we will share encompasses everything, from hardships to merriment, from obstacles to blessings in disguise. It is a most unique concert, and I do believe the fans will enjoy every moment of it."

The concert is scheduled to run for three hours, although Khajidah says that the song counts are not confirmed.

"We will have a minimum requirement (of songs) to meet, but it is really all up to the fans. They will call the shots. If they want more from us, we will try to accommodate them. After all, without them, we would not be who we are today," she noted.

Jamal has had a busy year, performing in various shows including in Johor Baru, Kuala Lumpur and even in Singapore, but he believes this concert is special in its own way.

"To be able to share the spotlight with Ahmad Nawab and Khadijah is like a dream come true. After all, I signed on with Warner Music because I had a crush on the lovely Khadijah Ibrahim!" he jokes.

"And now I have the opportunity to perform alongside my mentor and my crush – I would never forego this golden chance."

When asked how the sharing sessions would be carried out, Jamal said it will vary from spontaneity, flashbacks, and audio visual aids.

Fans will be treated to video footage and picture slides from their early days right up to the present day, and the artistes will try as much as possible to reenact scenarios which took place between them.

Do the singers then view the concert as a comeback of sorts?

Said Jamal: "Personally, I do not view it that way. To me, it is an event where we hope to entertain our fans, who have been loyal to us throughout the years.

"Also, I believe we hope to inspire a new generation of performers in Malaysia, so as to give them an insight on how we got to be where we are."

Konsert Gemilang will be held in Kuantan, Pahang, on Sept 29, and in Kuala Lumpur on Sept 13; showtime for both shows is at 8.30pm.

Tickets are priced at RM150, RM75, and RM50 for the Kuantan show, and RM500 (which will include a special meet-and-greet session with the artistes), RM300, RM200 and RM100 for the KL show. For more information, call AMG Networks at 03-8076 2833.

Kredit: www.thestar.com.my

0 ulasan:

Catat Ulasan

 

The Star Online

Copyright 2010 All Rights Reserved