Rabu, 21 Mei 2014

The Star Online: Entertainment: TV & Radio


Klik GAMBAR Dibawah Untuk Lebih Info
Sumber Asal Berita :-

The Star Online: Entertainment: TV & Radio


Peter Dinklage has no idea what will become of Tyrion Lannister

Posted: 20 May 2014 09:00 AM PDT

The Game Of Thrones actor took time off from his X-Men: Days Of Future Past promotional duties to talk about his other famous character. 

Last Sunday's episode of Game Of Thrones titled The Laws Of Gods And Men showed imprisoned Tyrion Lannister (Peter Dinklage) being put on trial for a crime he insists he did not commit.

Directed by Alik Sakharov, it effortlessly brought the main theme of the series – betrayal, greed and power – into the courtroom, where almost everyone in King's Landing eagerly stepped up to stab Tyrion in the back with the proverbial knife. At the top of that long list are Tyrion's own father Tywin (Charles Dance) and sister, Cersei (Lena Headey).

Dinklage, who was in Singapore last week to promote X-Men: Days Of Future Past, recalled the filming process: "We spent about five days filming the courtroom scene. I felt like I was in a real courtroom, having served in a jury before (laughs).

"I love the people on the show, we are a family now. I get along the most with the characters that my character is most conflicted with. Lena Headey is one of my closest friends and I have grown to love Charlie. They make me a better actor."

Near the end of the episode, Tyrion lets loose all of his pent-up frustrations and fury in a monologue that ends with him demanding a trial by combat. That scene alone had the Internet buzzing with #FreeTyrion tweets and talk of a possible Emmy nomination for Dinklage.

Funnily enough, the actor has yet to see the completed episode as he has been busy with X-Men duties. "I will see them later on," he explained. "My aunt – whom I haven't spoken to for some time – called and asked if I had seen the episode. I said no and she said: 'It's good. You should watch it'."

Although Dinklage has no idea on Tyrion's fate – he confessed he hasn't read the books ("I am one of those people who can't read the books after seeing the movie. And it's my job now.") – he is excited to find out what's going to happen to his character, just like the next fan. 

Good news is, Game Of Thrones has been renewed for two more seasons.

According to Dinklage – who is currently sporting Tyrion's hairstyle, with less hint of gold-coloured highlights all over his otherwise darker-coloured hair – filming for Season Five resumes in July.

"We used to be nervous, but now, we are like 'When are they going to announce (the new season)?'"

> Game Of Thrones airs every Sunday at 10pm on HBO (Astro Ch 411).

Kredit: www.thestar.com.my

0 ulasan:

Catat Ulasan

 

The Star Online

Copyright 2010 All Rights Reserved