Isnin, 28 April 2014

The Star Online: Nation

Klik GAMBAR Dibawah Untuk Lebih Info
Sumber Asal Berita :-

The Star Online: Nation

MH370: One-child policy, burial rites among factors for Chinese nationals’ outburst, says Nazri

Posted: 28 Apr 2014 07:48 AM PDT

KUALA LUMPUR: Tourism and Culture Minister Datuk Seri Mohamed Nazri Abdul Aziz said the anger of Chinese nationals against Malaysia over the missing Malaysia Airlines (MAS) aircraft flight MH370 was not due to negative news or speculation spread over social media.

He said the primary reason for the Chinese people's emotional outburst was mainly attributed to the country's one-child policy.

"We have to understand that China has (had) a one-child policy for more than 30 years and for the families of passengers on the flight, they are worried and angered over the loss of their descendants," he said when winding up the debate for his ministry on the motion of thanks for the royal address in the Dewan Negara, Monday.

The one-child policy in China was enforced in 1979.

Mohamed Nazri said the anger was compounded by the Chinese belief that the dead should be given their last respects, whereby the body needed to be touched but in the case of MH370, the family members were still unclear on the status of their loved ones.

"The Chinese believe that for the final rites, the body must be touched. If not the body, at least they should know where the aircraft crashed.

"As both of these requirements are unfulfilled, they cannot conduct the final rites and in their frustration, they direct their anger at Malaysia."

He said Malaysia understood the sorrow and complications faced by the relatives of the Chinese nationals, who formed the biggest number of passengers oboard the missing aircraft.

The Tourism and Culture Ministry had earlier announced it was suspending all forms of promotion and campaign for Visit Malaysia Year 2014 in China, in respecting the sensitivities of the people in that country. – Bernama

Baby girl attacked by monkeys receives 14 stitches

Posted: 28 Apr 2014 07:18 AM PDT

KEMAMAN: A three-month-old baby girl received 14 stitches in her face after being attacked by a group of monkeys which entered her home in Kampung Gelugor, on Saturday.

The incident occurred at 1pm when the baby was sleeping in a cot in the kitchen while her mother was in a room with her elder child, apparently dressing her to attend a wedding, when she heard the baby screaming loudly.

"I rushed into the kitchen and was shocked to see three monkeys in the cot with my daughter. I panicked when I saw my daughter being attacked by the animals and I screamed as loudly as I could, forcing the monkeys to flee," Siti Najwa Muhammad, 21, told Bernama when met at her house on Monday.

Siti Najwa then sent her child, Nor Iman Adriana Zuhairi, who had cuts across the face, to the Kemaman Hospital.

She said there were many monkeys in the jungle area near the housing estate and hoped the authorities would take the necessary action to chase them away. – Bernama

MH370: Australian exploration company believes it may have found plane

Posted: 28 Apr 2014 06:34 AM PDT

PETALING JAYA: An Australian exploration company has claimed that it has found the wreckage of missing Malaysia Airlines (MAS) flight MH370, six weeks after it left Kuala Lumpur International Airport for Beijing on March 8

Adelaide-based GeoResonance said on Monday that stated that it had begun its own search for the missing Boeing 777 March 10 and that it has detected possible wreckage in the Bay of Bengal, 5000km away from the current search location in the southern Indian Ocean off Perth.

GeoResonance's search covered 2,000,000 square kilometres of the possible crash zone, using images obtained from satellites and aircraft, with company scientists focusing their efforts north of MH370's last known location, using over 20 technologies to analyse the data including a nuclear reactor.

According to company spokesperson David Pope, "The technology that we use was originally designed to find nuclear warheads, submarines. Our team in the Ukraine decided we should try and help."

Pope added GeoResonance had compared their findings with images taken on March 5, three days before MH370 was reported missing – and they did not find what they had detected at that spot.

"The wreckage wasn't there prior to the disappearance of MH370. We're not trying to say that it definitely is MH370, however it is a lead we feel should be followed up," said Pope.

Meanwhile, another GeoResonance spokesperson, Pavel Kursa added that several elements found in commercial airliners was detected at the Bay of Bengal spot. 

"We identified chemical elements and materials that make up a Boeing 777 … these are aluminium, titanium, copper, steel alloys and other materials," said Kursa in a statement reported by Australian news channel 7News.

MH370, carrying 227 passengers and 12 crew, left the KL International Airport at 12.41am on March 8 and disappeared from radar screens about an hour later, while over the South China Sea. It was to have arrived in Beijing at 6.30am on the same day.

A multinational search was mounted for the aircraft, first in the South China Sea and then, after it was learned that the plane had veered off course, along two corridors – the northern corridor stretching from the border of Kazakhstan and Turkmenistan to northern Thailand and the southern corridor, from Indonesia to the southern Indian Ocean.

Following an unprecedented type of analysis of satellite data, United Kingdom satellite telecommunications company Inmarsat and the UK Air Accidents Investigation Branch concluded that Flight MH370 flew along the southern corridor, and that its last position was in the middle of the Indian Ocean, west of Perth.

Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak then announced on March 24 – 17 days after the disappearance of the aircraft – that Flight MH370 had "ended in the southern Indian ocean".

0 ulasan:

Catat Ulasan


The Star Online

Copyright 2010 All Rights Reserved