Khamis, 3 April 2014

The Star eCentral: Movie Reviews


Klik GAMBAR Dibawah Untuk Lebih Info
Sumber Asal Berita :-

The Star eCentral: Movie Reviews


Emma Watson takes on demanding role in Noah

Posted: 03 Apr 2014 09:00 AM PDT

Film is first big-budget post-Potter role for the Hogwarts-trained actress.

After a decade at the Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry in the Harry Potter film franchise, actress Emma Watson put her magical training to use for her first big-budget post-Potter role in biblical action blockbuster Noah.

In director Darren Aronofsky's movie, she plays Ila, the wife of Noah's eldest son, Shem (played by Douglas Booth).

The film distributed by Paramount Pictures stars Russell Crowe as the ark-building Noah and Jennifer Connelly as his wife, Naameh, in a dark reimagining of the Old Testament flood story.

Noah is banned in Indonesia, Pakistan and a number of Middle Eastern countries.

Watson, 23, talks about how the Harry Potter films prepared her for her role in Noah.

Noah marks your return to large-scale spectacle films. Did you approach your role any differently than you did while making the Harry Potter series?

I remember being on set and Darren said: "Okay, the water is going to be cold, we're probably going to be here for a full day, conserve your energy between takes, keep warm and make sure you eat properly. This is going to be physically very demanding."

For a minute, I felt intimidated and then there's something about having done those Harry Potter films and they were very physical. We did a lot of stuff in Scotland. It was freezing cold, filming at 4am, working crazy hours. It was a very good school in a way and it set me up very well for this kind of environment and this kind of pressure.

Did you do any reading on your character of Ila outside of the script?

I didn't do a lot of reading, but I did a lot a research because I become a mother in the story and, obviously, have never given birth. Darren and I agreed that in so many films, women give birth and it looks like they're barely breaking a sweat. We wanted it to feel very raw and real, so I took it seriously.

Any pregnant woman anywhere, I'd be like, "Can I talk to you? Can I talk to you about your experience?" I spoke to my mother a lot, obviously, and I watched a lot of YouTube videos on natural births, lots of documentaries, spoke to midwives, just any information I could get my hands on.

What attracted you to the role in the first place?

I was a huge fan of Darren's films. I loved Requiem For A Dream (2000). The Fountain (2006) is one of my favourite movies . So, even before I read the script, I was intrigued because his work speaks for itself, really. And then having read the script, I loved my role. And then I hear about the cast, it's Russell Crowe and Sir Anthony Hopkins and Jennifer Connelly and Ray Winstone. And I realise that it's the opportunity to work with people who are at the top of their game. — Reuters

Chris Evans: I would have regretted not playing Captain America

Posted: 02 Apr 2014 09:00 AM PDT

Working on the movie franchise was the right decision to make for actor.

Being asked to play Captain America in a potentially huge movie franchise is something many actors fantasise about, but when Chris Evans received the offer in 2011, he hesitated.

It meant signing on to do six movies as the superhero, which he feared would take over his career and his life. If the films did well, he would lose his privacy and anonymity, as well as be locked into a commitment for six to eight years.

Looking back today on his eventual decision to say "yes", the 32-year-old tells reporters: "Had I not done the movies, it would've been the biggest mistake of my life. It really would've been the biggest regret to date – and there are plenty."

The success of the first film and the positive buzz surrounding the second, which analysts believe will likely continue the winning streak of Marvel franchises such as Iron Man and The Avengers, have "changed everything for me", the actor says.

Firstly, he says, the success of the movies has allowed him to do things outside the franchise. These include pursuing passion projects such as his upcoming directorial debut, 1:30 Train, an indie romantic comedy that will see him and actress Alice Eve (Star Trek Into Darkness) play a couple who meet and connect on a train.

Secondly, he says it is "comforting knowing that you're making good movies" with the Marvel brand – perhaps conveniently forgetting the other Marvel superhero franchise on his resume, the critically eviscerated Fantastic Four movies of 2005 and 2007, in which he played Johnny Storm, the Human Torch.

"It would be a nightmare to be trapped in this contract and be making films that you're not proud of, but Marvel has the Midas touch, so every time you suit up, you know that you're making something of quality."

Working on this franchise has thus been "rewarding on every level. So thank God I had the right people in my life pushing me to make the right decision."

It was also fun for him to get to work with old friends such as Anthony Mackie, who plays Captain America's high-flying sidekick Falcon, as well as with acting legends Robert Redford and Samuel L. Jackson.

Says Evans: "I've known Anthony for a while now. This is our third movie together and when I first met Anthony, it actually wasn't on a movie set and we got along very well. So it was very easy having just kind of a repartee with him off-set and I think that translates on-set."

He adds that Redford, who plays right-wing bureaucrat Alexander Pierce, was "amazing".

He says: "It was pretty intimidating because he is a living legend, but it's always such a treat when someone you look up to that much lives up to expectation. I mean, he very easily could've come on the set and hijacked the film, not just as an actor, but also given his past as a director and his experience, he very easily could've taken over.

"But he showed up with the utmost professionalism. I think the first day we filmed, we shot until one in the morning and he stuck around for my off-camera stuff. I mean, it was like it was his first movie. So he really is such an example of what it is to be great." – The Straits Times, Singapore/Asia News Network

Captain America: The Winter Soldier is currently playing in cinemas.

Kredit: www.thestar.com.my

0 ulasan:

Catat Ulasan

 

The Star Online

Copyright 2010 All Rights Reserved