Sabtu, 19 April 2014

The Star eCentral: Movie Reviews


Klik GAMBAR Dibawah Untuk Lebih Info
Sumber Asal Berita :-

The Star eCentral: Movie Reviews


'Mrs Doubtfire' sequel is on, but its former child star is not interested

Posted: 17 Apr 2014 11:20 PM PDT

Actress Mara Wilson has 'no interest' to be involved in the planned sequel of the 1990s hit film.

Fox 2000 is planning a sequel to 1993 hit Robin Williams comedy Mrs Doubtfire, but former child star Mara Wilson has "no interest" in reprising her role as Williams' youngest daughter, Natalie Hillard.

"I've been in some mediocre movies, but I've never been in a sequel. And I have no interest in being in one now," Wilson wrote on Twitter. "Sequels generally suck unless they were planned as part of a trilogy or series. I think Doubtfire ended where it needed to end."

Wilson – also famous for leading roles in Matilda and Miracle On 34th Street – left acting behind over a decade ago, and wrote a blog post in 2012 explaining why, so her quick rejection of even just the possibility of being asked to return is not surprising.

"There are many, many reasons I don't want to be in Mrs Doubtfire 2. But they haven't even asked me (yet), so no need to worry," Wilson added. "I'm glad I had the chance to be in it, and I'm proud of what we did, but I don't see how we could do it again."

The original film starred Williams as a recently divorced father who decides to dress up like a Scottish nanny in order to spend more time with his kids, also played by Matthew Lawrence and Lisa Jakub. Lawrence appears to be the only "Hillard" child still acting. Sally Field co-starred as the mum, and Pierce Brosnan played her new boyfriend.

Williams, who has declined to be involved in the project in the past, is on board to bring the beloved babysitter back to life. Chris Columbus will return to direct from a script by Elf writer David Berenbaum. — Reuters

Kredit: www.thestar.com.my

0 ulasan:

Catat Ulasan

 

The Star Online

Copyright 2010 All Rights Reserved