Isnin, 31 Mac 2014

The Star Online: Entertainment: Music


Klik GAMBAR Dibawah Untuk Lebih Info
Sumber Asal Berita :-

The Star Online: Entertainment: Music


The one song you need to listen to right now

Posted: 28 Mar 2014 04:35 AM PDT

British group Clean Bandit's single Rather Be is quite likely this year's early summer hit.

Sick of hearing Let It Go being played practically (and sung) everywhere in the world yet? Well, turn your attention to Rather Be, an infectious track that has taken the Internet by storm. Well, sort of.

The music video for the song, which was released in January, has been viewed more than 24.5 million times on YouTube. The track also climbed fast to the top spot of numerous music charts in Europe, as well as in Australia. It is the fourth single taken from Clean Bandit's upcoming debut album, New Eyes, which drops May 12 in Britain.

The song is an easy mix of pop, house, electronica and a tiny bit of dubstep with lots of violin work. It features a relatively unknown singer named Jess Glynne, but we're pretty sure she'll be invited to perform with more bands soon enough. Or, you know, cut her own studio album.

Clean Bandit, on the other hand, is a four-piece group founded in 2009 but it only managed to come up with a single (Mozart's House) last year. The members are Jack Patterson (bass guitar, keyboard), Luke Patterson (drums), Grace Chatto (cello) and Milan Neil Amin-Smith (violin).

Meanwhile, the music video for Rather Be is also as breezy as the song's beats. It follows a Japanese girl living in Tokyo going through her daily chores like she usually does (waking up, writing in her diary, working at a restaurant, dressing up in a school girl outfit...), but singing every word of the song. Don't be confused, though, she's not Glynne.

The singer (she's the blonde one) and the band do appear in the video – we're assuming they're the non-Asian ones as we can't really tell who's who.

The clip also sees a number of everyday Japanese folks hanging around the girl doing perfectly normal stuff, until some of them start to sing and dance along to the song, too, which freaks her out.

The song ends quite nicely, though the video does leave you a tiny bit baffled but it's okay because once you listen to it, you'll be hooked!

Commuters on the subway dancing to Rather Be. Singer Jess Glynne is featured in this take (she's the one in the middle). 

Elton John to marry longtime partner

Posted: 30 Mar 2014 07:12 PM PDT

The legendary musician will finally get to tie the knot with David Furnish.

Pop icon Elton John says he will tie the knot with partner David Furnish now that his native Britain has legalised gay marriage.

The top-selling artist told NBC's Today show that "we'll do it very quietly".

"But we will do it and it will be a joyous occasion," John added.

The couple, who have two children together, entered into a civil partnership in 2005.

A historic law legalising same-sex marriage took effect in England and Wales on Saturday, the final stage in the long fight for legal equality for gays and lesbians.

Civil partnerships have been legal there since 2005.

"I'm very proud of Britain and the laws that we've seen come into existence since we've been together," John said in excerpts of the interview set to air Monday.

"For this legislation to come through is joyous, and we should celebrate it. We shouldn't just say, 'Oh, well we have a civil partnership. We're not going to bother to get married.' We will get married."

Furnish told the Las Vegas Review-Journal in a separate interview that an intimate ceremony would take place in May.

"I think what we'll do is go to a registry office in England in May, and take the boys with us, and a couple of witnesses," the publication quoted him as saying. — AFP

Yein and yang: Outspoken DJ Leng Yein

Posted: 30 Mar 2014 09:00 AM PDT

Model-DJ Leng Yein does not mind being labelled a 'fake DJ'.

Malaysian model-DJ Leng Yein does not mince her words and she is not afraid of the backlash when it comes her way.

The 29-year-old, who is a former beauty queen and American auto show Hot Import car model, was recently caught in an online spat with another female model-DJ, Singaporean DJ Tenashar.

Tenashar, a former FHM cover girl known for her skimpy outfits, is ranked No. 87 on DJ Mag's top 100 DJs poll.

Tenashar, 27, had accused Leng Yein of sabotaging her console at a concert at Sunway Lagoon in Kuala Lumpur in February 2014, which sparked a war of words on Facebook.

Leng Yein, who denies Tenashar's charges, says of online fiasco: "I am like Tenashar because we sell what people like to talk about: free publicity."

The DJ, who asserts that it was impossible for her to meddle with Tenashar's set-up before she took to the decks, adds: "But for what she said about me – that I sabotaged her equipment – if you're an F1 driver, you'd know your car well. As a newbie, an unseeded DJ, I was taught to always check my equipment and pay attention."

The Miss Malaysia World 2003 winner was last in the news in 2011 for undergoing several cosmetic procedures amounting to more than RM258,000, including a nose job and breast enhancement.

The busty bombshell, who is single, was far from shy in flaunting her 34F assets in a tight, black corset top and hot shorts for this interview.

How did you get your start in DJ-ing?

I started learning to DJ two years ago on vinyl, and at the end of last year, I started learning to use CDJ and vinyl emulation software Serato.

Two years back, a headphone company approached me and asked me if I was a DJ, because all the big-boobed girls are now DJs. I said: "OK, I have big boobs; I fit that category, if this is what you want, sponsor me and I'll do it".

It was just the one time, but I started DJ-ing again about three months ago.

What do you think about people who say you are a fake DJ?

I like that, because they have such low expectations of me ... at least I don't slot in a pre-recorded CD. The joke is that I'm a bimbo or that I look like a stupid DJ but people hire me and the crowds haven't complained ... yet.

I'm not the best but I won't be the worst. I've been playing piano since I was five, so I have a classical music background, I won't go out of beat.

Do you feel you have to flaunt your assets to get DJ gigs?

No, but you get paid so much better, without having to be a top DJ in the world. I earn a comfortable five-figure sum each month.

There's always a Lady Gaga or someone really popular in the world that is paid the most, but not many people can be such an icon; 99.9% are just trying to make it like the top 0.01%. I fall into that category. We just try to work and pay the rent.

So you don't let the negative criticism get to you?

I get mad, I cry, but I don't smash my stuff because I'd need to pay and buy them back again and I'm not that dumb. It gets to me and I go crazy, that's why I'm a crazy person.

Are your parents supportive of your career choice?

My family is conservative but very supportive. They say: "I'd rather you go out wearing a bikini doing what you do rather than strip in someone's room and 'cheat' them of their money", if you know what I mean.

Is this something you see yourself doing for quite a while?

I just started actively DJ-ing for three months or so. And I have shows in China, the Philippines and Japan soon. I'm grateful to everyone, whether they look down on me or support me, that they gave me a chance.

Whether they come to my show to mock me or to see how well I can do something, at least they come.

Will you speak to Tenashar if you bump into her in public?

I'm just going to smile and I need to respect people in the same profession as me, because she is a senior and I'm a junior. My mum always taught me to respect elders.

Tenashar is the first female Asian DJ to make it as a world top DJ. I hope one day, she can go up to No. 1.

How would you like to be remembered?

As someone strong, someone who will never be told what to do and live life the way others want her to live. I am my own woman. – The Straits Times, Singapore/Asia News Network

Kredit: www.thestar.com.my

0 ulasan:

Catat Ulasan

 

The Star Online

Copyright 2010 All Rights Reserved