Jumaat, 21 Mac 2014

The Star Online: Entertainment: Music


Klik GAMBAR Dibawah Untuk Lebih Info
Sumber Asal Berita :-

The Star Online: Entertainment: Music


Return of the king: Rain comes down again

Posted: 20 Mar 2014 09:00 AM PDT

South Korean pop star Rain is ready for his comeback.

NOBODY else brought the hallyu (Korean Wave) phenomenon to Asia and beyond like South Korean sensation Jung Ji-Hoon, better known as Rain. Since his debut as a singer in 2002, Rain's track record includes six albums, a breakout role in popular K-drama Full House and a spot in Time magazine's 100 Most Influential People in the World list.

The 31-year-old also has starring roles in Hollywood films like Speed Racer and Ninja Assassin. In 2011, he announced a hiatus from the entertainment scene to focus on mandatory military service in South Korea. His stint ended last year and now Rain is set for his long-awaited comeback to the entertainment scene.

What can fans expect from your upcoming show in Kuala Lumpur?

It is my first trip to Malaysia since I released the new album after the army. I'm looking forward to meeting the fans in Malaysia.

Did you incorporate the military service experience into your new music?

Yes, I did. As you know, I wrote the songs and produced the latest album by myself, and there are many lyrics that were based on my personal experience. It made it easier to express my feeling through songs.

What can you tell us about your latest album Rain Effect?

I used the title Rain Effect to explain my story. One of the songs, 30 Sexy, talks about the attractive attributes of a man in his thirties, while La Song has a different style from my previous songs. I think everyone can enjoy the album.

Do you have a song on the album that's very personal to you?

Like the old saying, "Every child is dear to his parents". It's the same to me. All of my songs in the new album are equally precious to me.

There were reports of you heading to Hollywood to discuss possible movie roles. What can you tell us about that?

While filming additional scenes for The Prince (an upcoming gangster film starring Bruce Willis and John Cusack) in America, I attended an initial meeting for another Hollywood movie.

Thankfully, I'm still getting acting proposals from Hollywood.

You have paved the way for more South Korean actors to appear in Hollywood films. How do you feel about the success of actors like Lee Byung Hun (GI Joe Retaliation), Jang Dong-gun (The Warrior's Way) and Jun Ji-hyun (Blood: The Last Vampire) in Hollywood?

It's not because I made a foothold for them; Korean actors and actresses are really doing great in Hollywood now (based on their own merits). I still think it's (my career in Hollywood) just the start for me and I'm trying to do my best.

What do you have to say to fans who have been waiting for your comeback?

I'm really glad to see you after such a long break. Thank you for waiting for me for a long time. I will come to visit you soon. Thank you and love you all.

Catch Rain, Rick Astley, Christina Aguilera, Lifehouse, Craig David and Sam Dowden Trio at Twin Towers Alive in Plaza Petronas KLCC on March 28 and 29. Entrance is free.

Kredit: www.thestar.com.my

0 ulasan:

Catat Ulasan

 

The Star Online

Copyright 2010 All Rights Reserved