Rabu, 13 November 2013

The Star Online: Entertainment: Movies


Klik GAMBAR Dibawah Untuk Lebih Info
Sumber Asal Berita :-

The Star Online: Entertainment: Movies


Justin Lin to helm next 'Bourne' movie

Posted:

Production set to begin next year.

JUSTIN Lin will direct the next instalment in the Bourne movie franchise.

The Taiwanese-American filmmaker will oversee the adventures of Aaron Cross, Jason Bourne's distant cousin, in an expansion of the fictional world of Robert Ludlum's thriller novels.

The director behind four movies in the Fast and Furious franchise, Lin will trade street racing for spy adventures in the direct sequel to The Bourne Legacy.

According to Variety, the filmmaker reached an agreement with Universal Pictures to direct this follow-up to the 2012 film, a spin-off from the Jason Bourne trilogy starring Matt Damon, released between 2002 and 2007.

American actor Jeremy Renner will reprise his role as Aaron Cross, an elite professional hit man forced to fight for his life after the end of the secret Operation Outcome. The still untitled film will be based on a screenplay by Anthony Peckham (Sherlock Holmes) and is scheduled to begin production in 2014 for release the following year.

Before directing blockbusters, Justin Lin made a name for himself among critics with the independent drama Better Luck Tomorrow in 2002. – AFP Relaxnews

Kate Upton may star in 'Entourage' movie

Posted:

The swimsuit model-turned-actress is said to be in talks to sign for the film based on famed HBO series.

KATE Upton is being eyed for the female lead in the Entourage movie, multiple individuals familiar with the Warner Bros project have said.

Though Upton has not been formally offered the role yet, she is in early discussions to join the cast, according to sources.

While a representative for the swimsuit model-turned-actress has denied that any such talks are under way, they acknowledge that there was interest in Upton for the project earlier this year.

Warner Bros had no comment.

After heated contract negotiations, Adrian Grenier, Kevin Connolly, Kevin Dillon, Jerry Ferrara and Jeremy Piven have all agreed to reprise their iconic roles from the HBO series in the Doug Ellin-directed feature, which is expected to highlight Ari Gold's (played by Piven) new career as a studio head.

Details of Upton's potential role are being kept under wraps, though she could be playing the latest love interest of movie star Vincent Chase (Grenier), who always had a thing for curvy blondes.

Production is scheduled to start early next year.

Upton, who appeared in Brett Ratner's Tower Heist and The Three Stooges movie, will soon be seen alongside Cameron Diaz, Leslie Mann and Nikolaj Coster-Waldau in Nick Cassavetes' comedy The Other Woman. – Reuters

Jackie Chan alive and kicking

Posted:

Action hero Jackie Chan debunks rumours of his demise ... again!

JACKIE Chan is not dead. And he's not retiring.

"There are so many different rumours, I am getting used to it," the 59-year-old actor-director says of online reports of his demise. "Don't worry, before I die, I'll let you know."

Chan may be looking to slow down on the action, but after more than 50 years and 100-plus movies, he seems unstoppable.

His 2012 film, CZ12 aka Chinese Zodiac (which was released in the US late last month), still features him leaping from buildings, fighting in the air and rolling down a mountain in a full-body rollerskate suit.

The movie, about a quest to recover pillaged relics, is one of China's highest-grossing home-grown films ever, despite mixed reviews. Up next: another Police Story instalment and the action-comedy Skiptrace.

What was the most difficult part about the stunts in Chinese Zodiac?

The age. I'm not like I used to be – young – anymore. But I still do my own things. It used to be Jackie Chan action is like Hollywood action. But now the whole Hollywood action ... they combine with special effects, computer graphics. We cannot do that because the audience, they don't like to see Jackie Chan flying around like a Superman, like a Batman. They want Jackie Chan to do the real thing. That's the most difficult part.

How long do you think you can keep doing stunts like this?

I don't know. When I was 40, I said: "Another five years, I'm going to retire." Then at 45: "Another five years, I'm going to retire." Then at 50 I said, "Another five years, I retire." I'll do it until I cannot do it (anymore).

Would you ever consider being in a superhero movie like Iron Man or Avengers?

I want to. Please, all the directors, James Cameron: hire me. ... I love to do this kind of movie. Blue background with all the wire, flying around, that's more easy. But all the directors, they think about me: OK, Rush Hour 4 and Shanghai Noon. You have to do your own stunts, Jackie. (I'd) rather do a drama, comedy drama, a love story, sing a song on the beach, running around, slow motion, with a girl, kissing. But nobody buys a ticket to see Jackie Chan in a theatre kissing. No.

You're one of the few actors in the Chinese film industry who's been successful in Hollywood. Why is it so hard to go between the two?

I think I chose the right way. My movies, even without dialogue you understand what's going on – lots of action, but no violence and no dirty jokes, no F-word. My movie is not only for the Hong Kong market or Chinese market (but) for the whole world. All those years, Jackie Chan is like a bank. I collect fans, and when they come to the Jackie Chan bank, they never go away.

Are you going to do Rush Hour 4?

I don't know! Yesterday, I met with Chris Tucker. We sat down: "Jackie, let's do something. Rush Hour 4." Will we do something? Yeah, if we find a good script.

You've already made more than 100 films. What's your favourite?

Maybe with Rush Hour, many people liked watching it, I made a lot of money, but it isn't the kind of movie I like to make. The movie I want to make, I still haven't found.

In the US, they always (say) action movie, action movie. When I'm filming in China, I can make Rob-B-Hood and I can make Shinjuku Incident. Drama, very dark. I'm tired of doing action thing, so this is why I choose Karate Kid and Tuxedo. I try to let the audience know I'm not only an action star, I'm an actor. Because action star, the life is very short.

You mentioned one time you want to be the Asian Robert De Niro.

Look at Robert De Niro or Dustin Hoffman, they can do all kinds of things. That's what I want to do. – Los Angeles Times/McClatchy-Tribune Information Services

Kredit: www.thestar.com.my

0 ulasan:

Catat Ulasan

 

The Star Online

Copyright 2010 All Rights Reserved