Selasa, 12 November 2013

The Star eCentral: Movie Reviews


Klik GAMBAR Dibawah Untuk Lebih Info
Sumber Asal Berita :-

The Star eCentral: Movie Reviews


Jackie Chan alive and kicking

Posted:

Action hero Jackie Chan debunks rumours of his demise ... again!

JACKIE Chan is not dead. And he's not retiring.

"There are so many different rumours, I am getting used to it," the 59-year-old actor-director says of online reports of his demise. "Don't worry, before I die, I'll let you know."

Chan may be looking to slow down on the action, but after more than 50 years and 100-plus movies, he seems unstoppable.

His 2012 film, CZ12 aka Chinese Zodiac (which was released in the US late last month), still features him leaping from buildings, fighting in the air and rolling down a mountain in a full-body rollerskate suit.

The movie, about a quest to recover pillaged relics, is one of China's highest-grossing home-grown films ever, despite mixed reviews. Up next: another Police Story instalment and the action-comedy Skiptrace.

What was the most difficult part about the stunts in Chinese Zodiac?

The age. I'm not like I used to be – young – anymore. But I still do my own things. It used to be Jackie Chan action is like Hollywood action. But now the whole Hollywood action ... they combine with special effects, computer graphics. We cannot do that because the audience, they don't like to see Jackie Chan flying around like a Superman, like a Batman. They want Jackie Chan to do the real thing. That's the most difficult part.

How long do you think you can keep doing stunts like this?

I don't know. When I was 40, I said: "Another five years, I'm going to retire." Then at 45: "Another five years, I'm going to retire." Then at 50 I said, "Another five years, I retire." I'll do it until I cannot do it (anymore).

Would you ever consider being in a superhero movie like Iron Man or Avengers?

I want to. Please, all the directors, James Cameron: hire me. ... I love to do this kind of movie. Blue background with all the wire, flying around, that's more easy. But all the directors, they think about me: OK, Rush Hour 4 and Shanghai Noon. You have to do your own stunts, Jackie. (I'd) rather do a drama, comedy drama, a love story, sing a song on the beach, running around, slow motion, with a girl, kissing. But nobody buys a ticket to see Jackie Chan in a theatre kissing. No.

You're one of the few actors in the Chinese film industry who's been successful in Hollywood. Why is it so hard to go between the two?

I think I chose the right way. My movies, even without dialogue you understand what's going on – lots of action, but no violence and no dirty jokes, no F-word. My movie is not only for the Hong Kong market or Chinese market (but) for the whole world. All those years, Jackie Chan is like a bank. I collect fans, and when they come to the Jackie Chan bank, they never go away.

Are you going to do Rush Hour 4?

I don't know! Yesterday, I met with Chris Tucker. We sat down: "Jackie, let's do something. Rush Hour 4." Will we do something? Yeah, if we find a good script.

You've already made more than 100 films. What's your favourite?

Maybe with Rush Hour, many people liked watching it, I made a lot of money, but it isn't the kind of movie I like to make. The movie I want to make, I still haven't found.

In the US, they always (say) action movie, action movie. When I'm filming in China, I can make Rob-B-Hood and I can make Shinjuku Incident. Drama, very dark. I'm tired of doing action thing, so this is why I choose Karate Kid and Tuxedo. I try to let the audience know I'm not only an action star, I'm an actor. Because action star, the life is very short.

You mentioned one time you want to be the Asian Robert De Niro.

Look at Robert De Niro or Dustin Hoffman, they can do all kinds of things. That's what I want to do. – Los Angeles Times/McClatchy-Tribune Information Services

Game on for Harrison Ford

Posted:

More than 30 years after Star Wars, Harrison Ford has returned to inter-stellar space battles in big-budget sci-fi spectacular Ender's Game.

But the 71-year-old insists it's the human relations rather than hi-tech wizardry that drew him to the project, developed from a novel by Orson Scott Card and directed by South African X-Men director Gavin Hood.

"It doesn't matter to me whether I go back into outer space or not," he told reporters in Beverly Hills.

"The job is the same and I don't have any sort of genre preferences.

"I'm just looking for a good story, a good character, whether Earth-bound or not."

In a film which will resonate with Star Wars fans recalling the young Luke Skywalker and the crusty Han Solo, Ford plays Colonel Graff, training a group of children and teenagers how to protect the Earth from an alien invasion.

The best bet to save the world is Ender, played by Britain's Asa Butterfield, who starred in Martin Scorsese's 2011 drama Hugo.

Timid, but with an exceptional gift for military strategy and tactics, he becomes the hero of a film in which inter-galactic battles are played out in space and in a simulated game world.

It is almost Ford's first sci-fi film since the last Star Wars movie, apart from a role in 2011's Cowboys And Aliens.

And science fiction has changed quite a bit since director George Lucas released the initial trilogy of the cult movie franchise in 1977 – as Ford explained as he presented his latest movie.

"When we were making Star Wars, they were putting together space ships out of plastic model kits of cars, boats and trains, and gluing them all together, and then putting them on a stick and flying them past the camera.

"And it worked. It was fine. Add a little music and you believed that big spaceship coming over your head," he said.

Dismisses the label "icon"

Computer Generated Imagery (CGI) can achieve incredible effects, but the veteran Hollywood actor warns they should not be abused.

"Often in those cases I feel you lose touch with the human characters and what it is that they would feel and how they might feel, and that's still the most important part.

Into his seventh decade, the actor is in fact busier than ever, with three other films released this year: 42, Paranoia and Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues.

But the legendary Indiana Jones actor, while one of the most famous actors in the world, dismisses the label of "icon".

"An icon means nothing to me. I don't understand what it means to anybody, actually. It seems like a word of convenience.

"It seems to attend to the huge success of certain kinds of movies that I did, but ... I don't know what an icon does, except stand in a corner quietly accepting everyone's attention," he joked. — AFP Relaxnews

Kredit: www.thestar.com.my

0 ulasan:

Catat Ulasan

 

The Star Online

Copyright 2010 All Rights Reserved