Rabu, 11 September 2013

The Star Online: Entertainment: TV & Radio


Klik GAMBAR Dibawah Untuk Lebih Info
Sumber Asal Berita :-

The Star Online: Entertainment: TV & Radio


The Master's Sun is dead funny!

Posted:

Spine-chilling, side-splitting and starry-eyed — The Master's Sun is all that and more.

SO Ji-sub muses that acting appeals to him because he likes to live vicariously through his characters.

"I would like to live various lives through acting no matter what roles or genres. Discovering new sides to me is, in my opinion, is a privilege that actors have, and I am always thankful to all my fans who support me for doing so," he said in a recent e-mail interview from South Korea.

A jeans model-turned-drama actor, the South Korean heart-throb had his work cut out for him in his latest drama The Master's Sun.

"I think the combination of romance, comedy and horror is a novel approach to drama. I have a feeling that The Master's Sun will be a whole new type of drama," added So, 35, who found the other-worldly element to be a good balance for what he considers to be a light-hearted role.

Scarily hilarious: So Ji-sub stars in the horror-based South Korean comedy drama series The Master's Sun.

But of course, the deciding factor was when he learnt that Gong Hyo-jin was taking the female lead role.

"I have always wanted to act with her and it didn't take long for me to find out that she is a great partner."

It was So's first acting gig with Gong, 33, and he feels she is one of the best actresses in romantic-comedy genre.

"She makes it easy for the others to act since she can handle everything," added So, piling on the praise.

"Hyo-jin is a very cheerful person and she laughs a lot. Once she starts, she just can't stop. The show is very energetic, thanks to her," said So, who appreciated the lively disposition of his vivacious co-star, as he is a man of few words.

In The Master's Sun, Gong plays Tae Gong-sil, a timid secretary who tears easily. Funnily, she is nicknamed "Tae Yang" which means "Sun" in Korean. Following an accident, she becomes cursed with the unfortunate ability to see ghosts. This causes her much distress, leading her to lead a reclusive life filled with many sleepless nights.

So, on the other hand, portrays an ambitious and conceited CEO named Joo Joong-won. Joo, president of the Kingdom chain of malls, believes money is everything and only hears what he wants to hear.

As the dashing yet miserly CEO, Joo does not get along with others. In a twist of fate, he meets Tae, a gloomy woman who helps put things right for the spirits that she sees and meets wherever she goes.

Commenting on his role in this unusual series, So jested, "The characters that I have played up till now needed me to run around on my own two feet, but for Joo Joong-won, I just have to lift a finger and everything is done. I felt very awkward at the beginning, but it's fun now. I am wondering why I haven't done this before."

When asked how The Master's Sun compares with his previous dramas like Cain And Abel (2009), What Happened In Bali (2004), and I'm Sorry I Love You (2004), So replied, "All the drama series I have acted in have involved broken hearts, but there is a big difference in how that is expressed in each show.

In Joo Joong-won's case, he hurts other people so as to protect himself. Since The Master's Sun is a romantic comedy, it is different from my previous dramas, considering that it makes the audience laugh."

Some have commented that trailers for the series make it appear quite creepy, but So begs to differ.

"Many think of The Master's Sun as a creepy drama series because there's a horror element in it. However, every single spirit has its own life story, so this creepiness will not last for too long."

Filming for the 16-episode series wraps this month and So says that he has enjoyed the shoot despite being occasionally bothered by the sweltering heat.

The Master's Sun airs every Wednesday and Thursday at 8.55pm on ONE HD (Astro B.yond Ch 393).

Kredit: www.thestar.com.my

0 ulasan:

Catat Ulasan

 

The Star Online

Copyright 2010 All Rights Reserved