Isnin, 19 Ogos 2013

The Star Online: Lifestyle: Parenting


Klik GAMBAR Dibawah Untuk Lebih Info
Sumber Asal Berita :-

The Star Online: Lifestyle: Parenting


Singing nursery rhymes teaches new words

Posted:

I have three sons – my older boy is six and my younger twins are four. They all love to sing. On most car rides, they would request for nursery rhymes to be played instead of listening to my favourite radio station. It is fun to sing along with them, and it is my way of bonding with them, too.

Most of the easier songs, such as ABC and Row, Row, Row Your Boat, are just fun to sing along to. We would gradually learn "harder" but still fun songs like Rice Planting (they learn the process of planting rice and why it is no fun and why the farmers need to "bend from morn til set of sun" or Mary, Mary, Quite Contrary (they learn new words like cockle shells).

The other game that my family plays when we are out and about, whether we are waiting for our food to come whilst at a restaurant or queueing up at the supermarket is what I call the "spotting game". We would each have a turn to give the rest something to "spot" and we can also ask to be given a hint sometimes.

This is the game my best friend and I invented when we were primary school pupils. We would play this game while waiting for our parents to pick us up from tuition.

For my older boy, when opportunity permits, I would ask him to spot a new Chinese character he recently learnt in school. And, for my younger twin boys, they would get the slightly simpler task of spotting things hanging on walls, or finding things in posters.

I find that this "spotting game" not only makes them more alert about their environment, but also challenges them to be the fastest in spotting something.

Both activities are done in good fun and, most important of all, we enjoy the learning and the bonding time while doing them.

Vicky Chia

Kredit: www.thestar.com.my

0 ulasan:

Catat Ulasan

 

The Star Online

Copyright 2010 All Rights Reserved