Isnin, 15 Julai 2013

The Star Online: Lifestyle: Parenting


Klik GAMBAR Dibawah Untuk Lebih Info
Sumber Asal Berita :-

The Star Online: Lifestyle: Parenting


Reading any time, anywhere

Posted:

My little princess loves reading. She reads wherever we go. This photo was taken during our Hong Kong trip.

She was actually reading the map and trying to guide us where to go next.

She loves books with colourful and attractive pictures. I always have books on standby for her, so that whenever she feels like reading, she can read them, any time, anywhere!

Tee Pei Wun

Learning from TV and surroundings

Posted:

My family usually watches documentaries and cartoons together. There are some things you can learn from watching TV, especially from the Disney cartoons.

For example, we learn what happens if you lie or try to take shortcuts in life.

We also visit parks and go to pools and shopping centres. At the parks, my children are able to see the types of birds and insects around, also the trees and plants.

They also get the chance to meet other children and learn how to play together. While in the car, they would look and ask about other cars around them. They frequently ask questions about things they see in their surroundings.

Every child loves to explore new stuff. My children are no different. They are always waiting for us to take them out to visit parks and playgrounds.

At preschool, the teachers would be doing the duty of a parent for a few hours. There, they are taught to bond with other friends and learn the basics.

When my children return from school, they tell me what happened at school, what they did and what their friends said. It is interesting to listen to them talk.

Without children, our lives would be so colourless. They have made our lives interesting. They are the best thing to happen to me.

Reka Luxshmi Regunathan

Having fun doing chores together

Posted:

The first question which came to mind when I saw the title of this contest is, does my family learn together? This question triggered a flood of memories of experiences and incidents which now seems to have provided me the best learning I could ever ask for. And the best part is, it's still going on.

So, how do we do it? In a nutshell, we do it by living our daily routine and normal lives with a strong and constant sense of purpose, which is to build a family where love is the centre of everything.

When I think of the times I played games like badminton with my dad, all I can remember now is the laughter and fun! I can't remember the moves and the running he made me do then but I can recall the sense of security and confidence my dad gave me while playing.

Apart from playing games together, I remember how we cooked, set up the dining table, washed the dishes after meals and did the household chores together.

We used to have a scheduled weekend every month, where all of us would clean up the whole house together. The strange thing is that all of us children were happy to do it. Of course, we had our fun doing silly things too and our parents made sure we were properly disciplined if we misbehaved.

Nevertheless, we really did have fun while learning to live life to the fullest! And, I think the main reason we had so much fun was that we knew we had each other and that no matter what, we would always be a family.

John Paul Wang Sing Siew

Kredit: www.thestar.com.my

0 ulasan:

Catat Ulasan

 

The Star Online

Copyright 2010 All Rights Reserved