Ahad, 9 Jun 2013

The Star Online: Entertainment: TV & Radio


Klik GAMBAR Dibawah Untuk Lebih Info
Sumber Asal Berita :-

The Star Online: Entertainment: TV & Radio


Woman who threw eggs at Simon Cowell won't be charged

Posted: 09 Jun 2013 08:33 PM PDT

LONDON (Reuters) - A woman who threw eggs at international talent show guru Simon Cowell during the finals of the popular television contest Britain's Got Talent will not face charges, show organisers said on Sunday.

Cowell was one of four judges watching two brothers singing during the live televised performance on Saturday night when a viola player ran from the back of the stage and threw several eggs at him before being removed by security staff.

Cowell removed his jacket and the show continued.

The woman was later named as Natalie Holt, 30, a member of the brothers' backing group, who had competed in the same talent show last year with her string ensemble Raven Quartet, without much success.

"As a result of her misguided actions, the police were called. However, we have decided to take no further action at this stage," said a spokeswoman for the show.

In the statement, released by the show's organisers, Holt apologised to the brothers, Richard and Adam, for overshadowing their performance, saying she realised that "it was a silly thing to do".

But she was less contrite in comments to the Telegraph website, saying: "I basically took a stand against people miming on television and against Simon and his dreadful influence on the music industry."

Cowell is the mastermind behind global TV franchises such as The X Factor and Got Talent that are often accused of creating overnight stars without real talent, and of fuelling a culture of celebrity.

Cowell has become a household name in his native Britain through appearing as the acerbic judge on several of his shows.

The seventh series of Britain's Got Talent was won by a Hungarian shadow dancing group called Attraction, who took home 250,000 pounds and will perform for Queen Elizabeth.

The final was watched by an average of 11.1 million people, on a par with last year's final.

Fast and fabulous

Posted: 10 Jun 2013 02:34 AM PDT

Jaime Dempsey explores Malaysia on a motorcycle and wants you to come along for the ride.

Always game to try new things, Jaime Dempsey decided to send in an audition tape to host a new series on the History Channel called Ride N' Seek.

It helped that the 37-year-old American has been riding motorbikes for 17 years, and was very keen to explore Malaysia on a two-wheeler. What is amazing about her story is that she heard about the job from a friend of a friend who lives in Malaysia.

She shares: "I have some friends who live out here, from when I went to school in the UK. We stayed in touch, and through word of mouth 'it' found me. It was a total fluke ... It was just destiny."

In person, Dempsey is a pretty blonde who laughs easily and is very chatty, especially about her experiences with bikes and travelling around Malaysia.

Wearing a sleeveless T-shirt (to show off the two colourful tattoos on her arms) and jeans, she looks comfortable being the centre of attention even though this is her first gig as a TV host.

According to Dempsey, her regular job is as an assistant designer (swimwear) for a company in California, where she lives, which brings her in close contact with the surfer and snowboarder community – "People who look like me. So I fit in there."

The Illinois-born Dempsey was taught by her then-boyfriend how to ride a bike. As she got more confident, she wanted to ride the bike herself and took a motorcycle course to learn how to be safe on the road.

She loves being on a bike compared to being in a car as all her senses are engaged and it allows her "to zip through traffic, especially in LA, which is a major plus. Once I get behind the car, I'm like ugh, it's so slow."

Over the years, she has owned bikes like a 1972 Yamaha XS650, Harley Iron 883 and a Ducati Monster 695. For Ride N' Seek, she wanted to bring "a little piece of home" with her, so she decided to ride a Harley, which got her a lot of thumbs up whenever she stopped at a traffic light in Malaysia.

Starting her journey in Johor, Ride N' Seek sees her travelling to a new state (Pahang, Terengganu, Kelantan, Penang, Perak, Selangor and Malacca) in every episode.

At these locations, she does different activities like driving a Formula One car, riding an ostrich, feeding a 130-year-old crocodile, waking up in a houseboat on Lake Kenyir, and jumping into water and letting hundreds of fishes nibble on her.

During the three months of filming, she fell in love with Malaysian food.

"You would think that I would have lost some weight from all that sweating because the heat here is intense. But I ate so much food – I love the spicy assam laksa in Penang, so good! And I had cendol just about every place I went and drank about three teh ais a day," she concludes with a laugh.

> Ride N' Seek premieres tonight at 10pm on the History Channel (Astro Ch 555 and Ch 575).

Related Stories:
In the hot seat

In the hot seat

Posted: 09 Jun 2013 04:48 PM PDT

Ride N' Seek host Jaime Dempsey answers five burning questions.

How do you deal with helmet hair?

Helmet hair is a huge problem (laughs). I had my hair down for the first episode, but every time I took the helmet off, I would just be drenched in sweat. So I had it up for the rest of the time.

But normally, I keep, like, a brush or comb on me and a hair band around my wrist. That's what I do.

Can you ride pillion?

No, not a fan. I used to love it; that's what got me riding motorcycles. But now that I've got my own (bike), I am never riding in the back again. Never.

How many tattoos do you have?

I don't know. Too many to count (laughs). I started 17 years ago and they all have different meanings.

It's all part of the biker culture. Once you start, you can't stop.

Do you have a favourite stretch for riding?

Where I live there is a road called the Pacific Coast Highway. It stretches along the entire coast of California and there are a lot of different places to stop along the way.

So me and a bunch of other bikers – all guys, of course, because I can't find any girls to ride with – go up the coast, stop and watch the surfers, then just ride through the canyon. California has pretty nice places for riding.

Did you pass the motorcycle course the first time you took it?

I passed with flying colours.

Related Stories:
Fast and fabulous

Kredit: www.thestar.com.my

0 ulasan:

Catat Ulasan

 

The Star Online

Copyright 2010 All Rights Reserved