Jumaat, 17 Mei 2013

The Star Online: Entertainment: TV & Radio


Klik GAMBAR Dibawah Untuk Lebih Info
Sumber Asal Berita :-

The Star Online: Entertainment: TV & Radio


Can’t sing for his supper

Posted: 18 May 2013 12:27 AM PDT

Foo Yoh, whose fame has been compared to William Hung from American Idol, turns rejection on its head to rake in some cash.

He's no reject; he's your lovable, not-so-polished singer who wanted to share his wealth with Red FM's listeners.

Chang Foo Yoh, or better known as Foo Yoh, is a singer with a claimed net worth of RM1.5mil. He amassed his fortune from being paid NOT to sing!

Born in Gopeng, Perak, Foo Yoh picked up his love for singing while studying in Boston, United States.

He even visited many record labels to showcase his talent. Unfortunately, he didn't land any record deal.

All the rejections only fuel his passion for music even more. He even approached venues like Wimbledon and Madison Square Garden for a chance to perform. However, his perseverance has paid off ... well kind of, as he was given cash to disappear.

On a recent trip back to Malaysia, he approached Red FM with a proposal that would allow him to showcase his "talent" on air and give out cash generously.

Red FM's Foo Yoh Mega Mash Up was a competition run on Red FM from 8 April to 10 May with a total of RM25,000 given out during that period. Many listeners walked away with extra cash in their bank account by calling in to Red FM and identifying the songs sung by Foo Yoh.

So, what about him that caught Red FM's attention? "Regardless of the quality of his performance, Foo Yoh exhibits the Red FM spirit of Living It!" said Lil' Kev of The Red Breakfast WTF.

He added: "We thought it would be entertaining and fun for our listeners whether they participated or tuned in while stuck in traffic. I would compare him to William Hung of American Idol fame; Foo Yoh would have definitely struck a record deal had he been on the show!"

Foo You said: "I know I am different from the rest of the chart topping artistes out there. I've faced a lot of rejection but I have never let that changed me. Auto tune is just not for me."

Neo Teng Chia, who works as a research manager in a bank, was the first winner of Red FM's Foo Yoh Mega Mash Up.

"Music is my escape and I enjoy the music played by Red FM, I have been a huge fan since 2009. When I heard Foo Yoh sing, it didn't take me long to identify the songs. Although out of tune, I could tell that they are my favourite songs – Thrift Shop by Macklemore and Ryan Lewis and Call Me Maybe by Carly Rae Jepsen. Thank you Foo Yoh for the RM800 that I'm going to use on a shopping spree," said Neo.

Keep tuning in to Red FM for great music and entertaining competitions to win cash and more.

Red FM is a subsidiary of Star Radio Group.

Kredit: www.thestar.com.my

0 ulasan:

Catat Ulasan

 

The Star Online

Copyright 2010 All Rights Reserved