Khamis, 25 April 2013

The Star Online: Metro: Central


Klik GAMBAR Dibawah Untuk Lebih Info
Sumber Asal Berita :-

The Star Online: Metro: Central


GE13: Travel agent joins the fray for wife’s sake

Posted: 25 Apr 2013 05:20 AM PDT

SINCE April 19, Kuala Kubu Baharu (KKB) independent candidate Yoong Tham Fook has not failed to visit his wife Choh Poh Meng, 57, at the Selayang Hospital.

Yoong, 59, said his wife had a stroke the day before Nomination Day and was admitted to the Coronary Care Unit (CCU) at the hospital.

"I have been visiting her either in the afternoon or in the evenings daily.

"I now have to organise my campaign as well as worry about her," he said.

Yoong, who joined MCA in 1972, said he had resigned from his position as the KKB MCA branch chairman after signing the nomination forms to stand as an Independent candidate.

"My wife and I were looking forward to campaigning as I am well known in KKB.

"As a travel agent, I organise trips for locals to visit Thailand, Singapore and China and have got to know them well. I have helped resolve some of their problems," he said.

Yoong said if elected, he would create business opportunities for the locals as well as develop the town as a tourism hub for Hulu Selangor.

GE13: Independent candidate for Kelana Jaya wants to bring fresh ideas to Parliament

Posted: 25 Apr 2013 05:19 AM PDT

KELANA Jaya independent parliamentary candidate Toh Sin Wah wants to dispel the assumption that independents are standing in GE13 to split the votes.

"We are spending our hard-earned money to contest. I am asking Malaysians to give me an opportunity to serve the country," said the 50-year-old businessman.

Toh was raised in Sentul, Kuala Lumpur, and is currently living in Bukit Jelutong, Shah Alam.

He sprung a surprise on Nomination Day when he turned up at the Politeknik Sultan Salahuddin Abdul Aziz Shah Hall to file his nomination papers as an Independent candidate for the seat, making it a three-cornered fight with Loh Seng Kok from Barisan and Wong Chen from PKR.

He said he was realising his childhood ambition by participating in GE13.

"I have been interested in politics since I was 12 years old but never joined any parties because I did not find any in line with my vision.

"I have received support and encouragement from my family, friends and former classmates and they believe I can become a good MP.

"I also believe that we should be moving towards political part- ies with no racial or religious boundaries.

"I appeal to the voters to give me a chance to go to Parliament so that I can introduce new ideas," he said.

Toh is using the elephant logo for his campaign and has printed banners and stickers with his motto "One world, one dream" and has even affectionately named the elephant Patriarch. According to Toh, the elephant represents qualities like power, leadership, endurance and honesty.

For many independent candidates, there is a risk of losing their deposit if they do not get at least 12.5% of the total votes cast but Toh is not deterred.

When asked about an unknown Independent candidate contesting, Loh said it did not bother him and that Toh was not a threat to him.

"Everyone has a right to contest as long as they can deliver," said the former Kelana Jaya MP.

Wong said despite the independent candidates, the big fight was still between Pakatan Rakyat and Barisan candidates.

Kredit: www.thestar.com.my

0 ulasan:

Catat Ulasan

 

The Star Online

Copyright 2010 All Rights Reserved