Rabu, 27 Februari 2013

The Star Online: Entertainment: TV & Radio


Klik GAMBAR Dibawah Untuk Lebih Info
Sumber Asal Berita :-

The Star Online: Entertainment: TV & Radio


Tina Fey says no to hosting Oscars

Posted: 27 Feb 2013 08:13 PM PST

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Despite getting the thums up from Star Trek actor William Shatner in a sketch at the Academy Awards show, comic actress Tina Fey says there is "no way" she would host the Oscars ceremony next year.

The creator and star of TV comedy 30 Rock told the Huffington Post website that she did not see herself as fronting the Oscars telecast.

"I just feel that gig is so hard. Especially for, like, a woman - the amount of months that would be spent trying on dresses alone...no way," she joked, during an interview with the Huffington Post posted on the website on Tuesday.

Asked if there was at least a one in a million chance, Fey replied, "I wish I could tell you there was."

Fey and Baby Mama actress Amy Poehler both received rave reviews for hosting the Golden Globes awards for the first time in January.

In a sketch on Sunday with Seth MacFarlane, Shatner appeared from the future as Star Trek Captain James T. Kirk in a running joke about the edgy Family Guy creator's suitability as host of the most coveted honors in the movie business.

"Why couldn't they get Tina and Amy to host?" Shatner asked, to laughs from the audience packed with Hollywood stars.

TV critics panned the song-and-dance-heavy show and MacFarlane said on Tuesday that he would not consider hosting the Oscars a second time.

The Oscar host - considered both the highest honor and riskiest job in Hollywood - is usually chosen by the producers of the Academy Awards show and is generally announced about five or six months before the February ceremony.

Mean girl

Posted: 28 Feb 2013 02:52 AM PST

After finding fame in Heroes, actress Hayden Panettiere is back on TV as a catty country singer.

American actress Hayden Panettiere may have borrowed a guitar from country pop star Taylor Swift but inspiration for her latest role was borrowed from country music singer and American Idol winner Carrie Underwood.

Panettiere, 23, plays Juliette Barnes, a rising young, ambitious star, in new musical drama series Nashville, and she has previously said Juliette "is not based on anybody". Nashville, Tennessee, is home to stars such as Swift, and country music.

"But when it comes to the stage presence, I watched a lot of Carrie Underwood because Carrie has that energy about her, not super choreographed on stage, but she can just go up there and own it and just take over."

This is her first major project since sci-fi drama Heroes, where she played the indestructible cheerleader Claire Bennet for four years.

"I played her for four years, and I knew that playing a role so specific, the all-American cheerleader, it was going to be an uphill battle for me after that to be seen as any other character," says Panettiere in a phone interview from Los Angeles recently.

It took her so long to return to TV because she was choosy with her work.

"I was just being very picky with the projects I wanted to do, and this came along and I honestly could not have written it better. I love singing. I love country music. I always have and I love this character."

As Juliette, who scoffs at fading country music queen Rayna Jaymes (played by Connie Britton), Panettiere's role brings her career full circle back to music.

At one point, the actress, who started out in commercials as a baby, was groomed to be a pop singer. She "worked on recording an album for about five years when (she) was younger" but decided to focus on acting instead.

She says wistfully: "I knew that I loved country music but I thought that people would not be able to make the connection since I'm from New York and they would think that I was trying to be somebody that I wasn't."

Her role in Nashville – created by Callie Khouri, Academy Award-winning writer of 1991's Thelma & Louise – which requires her to sing, has her pondering over a possible future as a singer again.

She says: "I love that this show is opening doors for me and giving me the opportunity to sing. I love it. My favourite is to sing country music, and I would love to be able to get up there one day and do an album of my own."

What was it like working with Connie Britton, whom you are really mean to in Nashville?

The first scene we had with each other was where I walk in, meet her for the first time in the dressing room and I'm incredibly passive aggressive. It was very uncomfortable because I'd just met her and she didn't know me.

As you know, girls can be very, very catty and so, after every scene, after they yell "cut", I'd be apologising. I would go, "I'm so sorry. I hope you don't take any of this personally", and she was like, "You're crazy. Are you kidding? It's acting. I totally understand it".

Do you prefer playing the good girl or the villain?

I'd like to have both. And in this character, I feel like I do have both where I can be the bad character, but then, behind closed doors, we get to see that she does have a heart and she can be a good person.

The grass is always greener on the other side, right? I spent four years playing the good girl, so I was always desperate to play the bad.

How well do you know country music?

I've grown up listening to country music and Faith Hill is one of my favourites. Miranda Lambert, the Pistol Annies, Luke Bryan, Rascal Flatts, Jason Aldean, all of them. They're all so amazing.

Is there something else that stopped you from becoming a full-fledged singer?

I think my New Year's resolution is to get over my stage fright. I've had stage fright for a long time. I love singing and I love being on stage, and I feel like I just need to get over that hump and enjoy it.

I know that once I get on the stage and get rid of the stage fright that I am going to enjoy it, you're never going to be able to get me off the stage ... ever.

Having been in show business at such an early age, having started out in soap opera One Life To Live from 1994 to 1997, what was it like growing up?

I do feel like I got as balanced a childhood as I could have in this situation.

I went to proms and homecomings. I went to sporting events, had great friends and got to be around, so I do feel like I got the best of both worlds.

But there were many years when I was being taken out of school early to go to auditions in the city, and instead of playing with friends, I had to memorise lines. It definitely was something that included sacrifice, but I wouldn't change it for anything.

How have you changed in dealing with fame since starring in Heroes?

It was totally new to me and I definitely made some mistakes. Luckily, none of them were detrimental enough to not be able to dig myself out of the hole, and you just have to figure out how to stay calm and be happy within yourself because it can get very stressful, very hostile and cruel.

I mean, I avoid reading things about myself, especially nasty things. I always try to keep that to a dull roar. But I seriously don't know how you handle it. There really is no equation.

It's most important just to be happy with yourself and find what works for you. And I feel like I've finally found that. – The Straits Times, Singapore/Asia News Network

Nashville airs every Wednesday and Thursday on beTV (Astro Ch 720) at 8.30pm.

Psy, watch out for the Malaysian-style Halim Shake

Posted: 27 Feb 2013 06:53 PM PST

PETALING JAYA: Move over, Gangnam Style. The latest craze has hit town and The Harlem Shake has everyone gyrating to its infectious groove.

Suria FM disc jockey Halim Othman, who did his own sprightly version of the routine at Menara Star yesterday, has cheekily dubbed it Halim Shake.

The crowd which gathered at Menara Star's foyer to witness the disc jockey strutting his stuff included The Star's executive deputy chairman Datuk Vincent Lee.

Halim was coerced into the dance routine by Red FM disc jockeys Lil Kev and JJ, who both produced and uploaded the minute-long sketch on YouTube recently.

"One fine day, they put a camera in front of me and asked me to move along to Tan Sri S.M. Salim's Apa Dah Jadi. So, I just did my thing," said the DJ.

Halim confessed that his routine was very simple and was only made more difficult because "he's no dancer".

"I have two left feet. They just threw me in the deep end and I had to do something. All I can say is – 'Watch out, Psy'," he said.

Lil Kev revealed that his goddaughter was the one who provided the inspiration for the choreography of the Halim Shake video.

"She sent me a link of a similar video and we took it from there. You could say we gave birth to Halim Shake," he said.

JJ feels that Halim Shake would be more acceptable for parents, given its content, which was more local in flavour.

"This is 100% Malaysian. Halim is an icon and with him doing it, it will be readily received," he said.

The dance troupe comprised staff of the The Star's radio group, including Suria FM, Red FM, 98.8 FM and Capital FM.

Among the dancers were Azura and Terry from The Red Fix, and Adam Carruthers from The Red Rush, the drive-time radio show on Red FM.

Kredit: www.thestar.com.my

0 ulasan:

Catat Ulasan

 

The Star Online

Copyright 2010 All Rights Reserved