Rabu, 23 Januari 2013

The Star Online: Metro: Central


Klik GAMBAR Dibawah Untuk Lebih Info
Sumber Asal Berita :-

The Star Online: Metro: Central


Lack of sports facilities

Posted: 23 Jan 2013 04:09 AM PST

I HAVE lived in Kajang for many years. The town has recently developed massively. Previously, Kajang was only known for its roundabouts.

While still being developed, I feel that the town is badly planned for the following reasons.

As a sports enthusiast, I am perturbed by the lack of sporting facilities. I use to play tennis at a golf club in Kajang. However, the club was recently acquired by another party, which I believe will be utilised for commercial development.

Sports enthusiasts are now left with no sporting facilities. There were public tennis courts next to the stadium, but it was also acquired, again for development.

As a resident, I would like to know from the local authority, Kajang Municipal Council (MPKj), why there are no areas assigned for a sports complex or proper public sporting facilities.

I wonder whether the youths these days would be exposed to any form of sports, looking at the recent state of sporting facilities.

Also with the rapid development, the poor drainage in town causes massive floods.

Businesses are affected when it floods. What is MPKj doing to improve the flood situation?

The bus station, located in the middle of a main street, causes massive traffic jams.

The buses stop all over the place at their own whims and fancy.

Why should a bus station be located in an area that affects the traffic? Besides the buses, taxis are also haphazardly parked waiting for customers.

Kajang has grown rapidly, however the number of parking bays has not increased in the same tandem. Again, I wonder where one is expected to park.

I believe we have enough buildings at this stage.

I have no complaints for development of a township, but I believe it has to be well planned.

Sporting facilities is a must in every township and not merely selling every piece of existing land for development.

In many countries, you find public sporting facilities in suburbs or townships. I believe this translates into sporting success.

Bus stands and taxi stops have to be built in a location where it does not affect traffic, which I believe is very basic in any town planning. I hope the authorities in Kajang live up to the status of a Majlis Perbandaran, as opposed to a Majlis Daerah many years ago.

SIVARUBAN KANDASAMY
Kajang

Price hike not justified

Posted: 23 Jan 2013 04:09 AM PST

I HAVE noticed over the years that some hawkers usually take the opportunity to raise their prices in the new year.

I don't know why they always choose the new year to give their loyal customers the "bad news".

Previously, they cited the increase in the price of sugar, condensed milk, oil, flour and other ingredients to justify the increase.

The prices of some of these essential items are controlled by the government and yet it does not deter them.

This new year, two stalls which I frequent, namely a noodle stall, which happens to sell tasty plain nasi lemak and a roadside apam balik stall have decided to increase their prices by 30sen and 50sen respectively.

I suppose if they were to raise their prices by 10sen or maybe 20sen it would seem reasonable.

How do these proprietors justify their price increase when most of the ingredients used had not seen any increase in prices?

The increase has put a bad taste in my mouth and I feel it is also bordering on profiteering as the proprietors know they are doing well with a steady flow of loyal customers and as such they are taking advantage of the situation.

There is no law to prevent anyone from increasing the prices of their food. The consumer just has to be aware and make a choice whether they want to continue patronising such stalls or simply boycotting them.

However, the Inland Revenue Board should also be aware of such proprietors and check if they do pay income tax.

For me, I would not be boycotting them in total but just frequent them less.

Michael Ng
Seremban

Kredit: www.thestar.com.my

0 ulasan:

Catat Ulasan

 

The Star Online

Copyright 2010 All Rights Reserved