Khamis, 6 Disember 2012

The Star Online: Nation


Klik GAMBAR Dibawah Untuk Lebih Info
Sumber Asal Berita :-

The Star Online: Nation


‘I am wary about meeting politicians’

Posted: 06 Dec 2012 03:34 PM PST

Friday December 7, 2012

SHAH ALAM: The Sultan of Selangor has admitted that he has grown wary of meeting politicians, saying there were some who had deliberately misrepresented what he said to suit their political agenda.

"If any elected representative wishes to see me, I now insist they write officially to my secretary for a proper audience," Sultan Sharafuddin Idris Shah said. "The deliberations of the meeting will be properly recorded to ensure accuracy and formality."

The Tuanku expressed his bewilderment over politicians who didn't understand royal protocol and Malay traditions.

"Some express their wish to seek an audience via the media or blog," he said. "I find this unusual, coming from Malay politicians who ought to know better."

* Full story in your copy of The Star today.

Related Stories:
Selangor Sultan: I am above politics, let's be clear about this
Sultan: I'm on rakyat's side

Sultan: I’m on rakyat’s side

Posted: 06 Dec 2012 03:33 PM PST

Ruler plays down talk linking him to any political party, saying he only has the people's interest at heart.

Q&A with the Sultan of Selangor

THE Sultan of Selangor, by his own admission, is certainly more cautious with his words and speeches of late. He goes through the draft of speeches with a fine-toothed comb, sometimes taking up to two weeks, to ensure the message he wants to deliver does not come across as taking sides with any political party. Sultan Sharafuddin Idris Shah tells WONG CHUN WAI and LOONG MENG YEE that the only team he wants to be on is that of the rakyat.

> Tuanku, with the general election season, it must be difficult to express your views but yet, be fearful what you say will be misinterpreted by irresponsible parties.

It is very difficult, the speeches I prepare, I will go through them many times, write and rewrite again. I want to be specific, but unfortunately, some will twist my words to say I am on the side of such and such a party; or that I am hitting out at such and such a party.

For instance, in a speech I made to university students, I stressed the importance of respect for our Malaysian flag as some people wanted to change it easily. This is the symbol of our national sovereignty. In some countries, people are willing to die for their flag. Malays, Indians, Chinese, we should be proud of our flag. But, some blogs twist my words, to say I am supporting a certain political party with my statement. Maybe some do not like Rulers who speak up.

* Full story in your copy of The Star today.

Related Stories:
Selangor Sultan: I am above politics, let's be clear about this
I am wary about meeting politicians'

Selangor Sultan: I am above politics, let’s be clear about this

Posted: 06 Dec 2012 03:32 PM PST

SHAH ALAM: Selangor will be one of the hardest fought states in the coming general election. As polling day nears, the Sultan finds himself a victim of attempts to drag his name into politics.

Sultan Sharafuddin Idris Shah said he was sad that he had become the target of groups and individuals who deliberately twisted his words and actions to imply that he was partial towards Umno.

"Why should I? I have nothing to gain from siding with Umno, PKR or any party," he said. "What has Umno given me?

"Those that brand me as an Umno man, prove it. Show me when was I inclined to be with Umno. Do not blindly accuse me of things I am not guilty of. I have no political agenda.

"As head of the state, I am above politics. Let's be clear about this," the outspoken Ruler said.

* Full story in your copy of The Star today.

Related Stories:
I am wary about meeting politicians'
Sultan: I'm on rakyat's side

Kredit: www.thestar.com.my

0 ulasan:

Catat Ulasan

 

The Star Online

Copyright 2010 All Rights Reserved