Ahad, 14 Oktober 2012

The Star Online: Entertainment: Music


Klik GAMBAR Dibawah Untuk Lebih Info
Sumber Asal Berita :-

The Star Online: Entertainment: Music


Going Psy-cho

Posted: 14 Oct 2012 02:25 AM PDT

Psy, the Korean rapper-singer who instantly became a global star with his mega hit single Oppa Gangnam Style said that he still felt like he was dreaming.

"I feel like I am dreaming and I am still at a loss for words. This wasn't something that I planned for but it just happened," Psy said at a press conference in Gangnam, Seoul, South Korea, the area featured in his single.

"I thought I was going through the peak of my life before. But now... wow ... some impossible things have happened to me. I am so grateful for the Korean fans who supported me and accepted my healthy but unsound behaviour on the stage so far," he said.

"Originally I uploaded this video for Korean users ... then all of a sudden celebrities like Britney Spears, Robbie Williams, Katy Perry, tweeted about my music, so I thought, 'Wow, I got to go to the US'," he added.

The star said he will promote his music in the United States and other music markets around the world. He recently signed contracts with Justin Bieber's manager Scooter Braun and also Universal Music, one of the biggest record labels in the world.

He will release a new album by the end of this year, perhaps with songs from his previous album.

"In the US, I'm planning to release a new single. There are plans to release a new album in November. I was surprised that Universal Music wants me to sing in Korean later on. They find rapping in Korean 'chewy'," he said.

A concert at New York's Madison Square Garden is also on the way, he added.

"I was at a club with Braun, who suggested I do a concert at Madison Square Garden, saying he'd assume responsibility for it," he said.

Psy said his success all started with people finding his song funny which allowed them to overcome the language barrier.

"I'm grateful that people enjoyed listening to my rap in Korean, even though they do not understand what I'm saying. They are trying to follow my diction and pronunciation and that makes me proud. People are learning Korean because of me and that makes me proud," he said.

"I believe my success sprouted from laughter. People find it funny and enjoy it. I hope to become an international singer, not a world star." He added that it wasn't easy to work in the US.

"Language barrier is a problem. I always have to translate everything in my head before giving answers. It is very stressful for me so I just try to laugh it off most of the time," he said.

"I was very nervous during my concerts in the US, especially on shows like the Today Show where the performance was live," he added.

Psy will be at the MTV Europe Music Awards next month, where his music video has been nominated in the "Best Music Video" category.

The Korean rapper-singer's Oppa Gangnam Style video has attracted more than 460 million views on YouTube, about three months after its release in July.

Even North Korea posted a video parody of Psy's globally popular Oppa Gangnam Style on its official Uriminzokkiri website.

Born in Seoul in 1977 to a wealthy family, Psy was raised and educated in Seocho district, south of the Han River, near Gangnam. He debuted in 2001 with a full-length album Psy From The Psycho World, which included songs with sensational titles such as Sae (Bird), Upskail Phenomenon, Shocking, Yanggajip Kyusu (a girl from a respectable family).

From the beginning, Psy wrote songs and lyrics that mock people with fortunes and their distorted lives. His father, Park Won-ho, is the chairman and controlling shareholder of a semiconductor company in South Korea. – The Korea Herald, Seoul/Asia News Network

Psy says fame 'unbelievable'

Posted: 14 Oct 2012 02:02 AM PDT

YEONGAM (South Korea): South Korean pop sensation Psy admitted that he was staggered by his new-found global fame as he brought his world-famous signature horse dance to his home grand prix on Sunday.

The 34-year-old, whose real name is Park Jae-Sang, rocketed to international fame when his song Gangnam Style and its much-imitated dance moves went viral on YouTube, notching up more than 450 million views - and still rising fast.

Asked by AFP how he felt to have topped the music charts across the world, he said: "Well, this is unbelievable. I was not ready for this, so..."

Dressed in a white shirt with an orange bow tie hanging undone around his neck, he then gave a lesson on how to do the dance to Red Bull drivers Mark Webber, who was on pole position for Sunday's race, and reigning world champion Sebastian Vettel.

"So one, two, three, four, then you..." he explained, moving his arms as if holding the reins of a horse. The trio then did the move briefly together, as dozens of photographers and fans swarmed around, clapping and cheering.

"Where are the sexy ladies?" Vettel asked Psy, a nod to the video of the song. "No sexy ladies here, unfortunately," the Korean superstar replied with a laugh, before he was whisked away by his phalanx of plain-clothes security.

"This is a very solid dance," added Psy, who is an ambassador for the race in Yeongam and was scheduled to wave the chequered flag at the end of the grand prix. - AFP

Kredit: www.thestar.com.my

0 ulasan:

Catat Ulasan

 

The Star Online

Copyright 2010 All Rights Reserved