Isnin, 2 Januari 2012

The Star Online: Entertainment: TV & Radio


Klik GAMBAR Dibawah Untuk Lebih Info
Sumber Asal Berita :-

The Star Online: Entertainment: TV & Radio


Yearning for more

Posted: 03 Jan 2012 12:25 AM PST

It's a new year with new possibilities so we've decided to list down our hopes and wishes for TV in 2012.

LET me start with my annual plea: that our TV stations bring more current shows our way. Top on my list: Homeland, Enlightened, the latest season of Dexter, The Closer, Fringe, Modern Family, Big Bang Theory, Mike & Molly, Parks And Recreation, Top Chef, Top Chef Just Desserts, Project Runway and Dancing With The Stars (we need to catch up so please air the previous 12 seasons that we missed out on)!

Now, we all get frustrated when a show doesn't go the way we want it to, right? Like the romance between Dr Gregory House (Hugh Laurie) and Dr Lisa Cuddy (Lisa Edelstein), for example, which I thought ruined almost the entire seventh season of House. So, here's my hope for another series which I am fast losing interest in: How I Met Your Mother. Does anyone still care how Ted Mosby (Josh Radnor) met the mother of his two children?

I know I stopped caring a couple of seasons ago. I pity those kids of his, having to sit on the couch and listen to everything but how their parents met.

In fact, these days I'm just focused on willing (I believe in the power of positive thinking, even though I've never quite had any successful outcomes) Barney Stintson (Neil Patrick Harris) and Robin Scherbatsky (Conie Smulders) together. My wish for 2012 (that's Season Seven of the show for crying out loud) is that the creators/writers for the show should somehow ditch/switch the whole HIMYM direction because it's gotten way old.

Next: Supernatural. Still a great show but will Sam Winchester please shave off his side-burns – they're fast becoming scarier than any of the demons that appear on the show.

The horror! You've seen the trailers – American Idol is back for its 11th season in about a week's time, with the same line-up of judges we saw last year. Yup. Jenny from the Block is back as is Steven Tyler.

The show is what it is and chances are, the winner will not become a record-breaking star – only three have had any real success (Kelly Clarkson, Carrie Underwood and Chris Daughtry and he didn't even win). Still, it's obviously still bringing in the ratings. What I hope for 2012? That the show's producers pick up on the what the show seriously lacked last season – subtitles for rocker Tyler because no one knows what he's saying half the time. SI

PICKING up from where Indra left off, I'd like to see a few changes on American Idol this year, too. For the longest time I was a very big fan of the reality series. But in the last two years, I have completely lost interest – especially after they messed around with the judging panel. I just couldn't get used to record producer Kara DioGuardi; was appalled by comedian Ellen DeGeneres and thanked my lucky stars when she was replaced by Lopez and Tyler. I actually like the pop-rock duo Lopez and Tyler, but still somehow felt the series was lacking something.

So, if I had to wish for something this year, it would be to go back in time – a retrograde flow if you like. Back to the days when Simon Cowell would offer his caustic, harsh critiques and Paula Abdul would be the "Pollyana" all the contestants loved; the days when Idol wannabes had the gumption to sing an Allman Brother's tune like Whipping Post (Bo Bice, I love you still); and when Ryan Seacrest was just a fresh faced host (and not some hotshot network producer); when the series was more interested in finding talent than how to boost ratings. Back to the days when a gazillion other reality talent shows weren't on every other channel.

But can we go back? I almost cringe at the thought of a new season (starting Jan 18, set your reminders if you're looking forward to it). Ten seasons in the bag, there are still people overly obsessed with the show (At theidolpad.blogspot.com, which is a blog providing AI spoilers for the Idolsphere and beyond, they are even guessing who made it through the auditions by stalking people online). I really hope that this year the audition rounds don't drag on forever, and that they don't over-feature the ridiculous/zany auditions. We would much rather see talent, even if the William Hung types do provide fodder for water cooler conversation.

Very often we don't get to track the entire histories of the eventual finalists, so I wish this time around the producers allow for episodes which will feature unseen footage of those who eventually make it through. Yeah, and maybe at the finals, we could hear what the original three judges would have to say ... just for a blast from the past.

My next wish for TV this year revolves around shows like the Dog Whisperer With Cesar Millan, Party Planner With Dave Tutera and Take Home Chef. I really, really wish that these experts would find it in their hearts to come to Malaysia (after all, it is a slice of what's truly Asia, right?). If Millan would come to Subang Jaya, Selangor, for instance, wow! He'd be kept incredibly busy I assure you – there's more than enough problematic canine material here for a whole season, and I'm talking about my mutts alone!

My kids and I dream of having Millan's pack over at our place, mingling with our mixed breed "Pickles" and Cocker Spaniel "Rainy" so that they can learn how to go on nice, normal walks around the neighbourhood; wait patiently for meal times; and not bound manically out the house each time the auto gate is opened. Cesar Millan, do you see our plight, hear our need? How about if we pay for your flight ticket?

I felt the same way about Tutera and oh-so wanted to have him over to organise my 40th birthday party (yes, I'm way past that juncture now, go ahead and laugh if you want, see if I care). I even went so far as to write to Tutera to ask if he would come here ... for a special KL-episode. Sadly, I never received a reply and instead, had to settle for my own party planning skills, so you can imagine what a letdown that was for my guests.

Now, Curtis Stone (the Take Home Chef) did actually come to Malaysia three years ago and my fellow Sofa Spudnik Indra even got a chance to cook with him, but that was a media promotional thing so it shouldn't count. There's nothing like walking around a supermarket and having an Australian surfer-type dude asking if he can come home and cook for you ... definitely on my wishlist this year. – AMC

Full content generated by Get Full RSS.
Kredit: www.thestar.com.my

0 ulasan:

Catat Ulasan

 

The Star Online

Copyright 2010 All Rights Reserved