Rabu, 21 Disember 2011

The Star Online: Metro: Central


Klik GAMBAR Dibawah Untuk Lebih Info
Sumber Asal Berita :-

The Star Online: Metro: Central


Appalling phone and Internet connections

Posted: 21 Dec 2011 03:48 AM PST

I WOULD like to highlight issues regarding my TM fixed line and Streamyx Internet connections which have not been resolved for more than a month.

I have been having telephone problems such as distortion for some time now. So I made a complaint to TM's call centre.

The next day, one of their technicians came and checked on the problem. He told me my internal telephone wiring had to be changed and gave me a quotation.

So I made an appointment with him after a few days to do it. He came and did the wiring and I paid him as promised.

Soon after, my nightmare began.

It is more difficult to make and receive calls and my Streamyx connection started giving problems. I called the technician, but he said he didn't do anything wrong. However, a supervisor who came afterwards told me the technician had used the wrong cable.

So I decided to complain to TM again and they sent another technician but until today the problem has not been fixed.

I'm really fed up and considering changing to another provider. The only thing stopping me is the loss of my existing number.

I am a university student and I need to use the Internet for my assignments, projects and research.

FRUSTRATED

Kuala Lumpur

Full content generated by Get Full RSS.

Acquisition of land to benefit private developer is puzzling

Posted: 21 Dec 2011 03:48 AM PST

YOUR report yesterday titled "Choked at tunnel exit" confirms the many worries of residents of Kelana Jaya and many others who use the Damansara Puchong Highway (LDP).

Once again, it reflects the lack of foresight on the part of the authorities when approving commercial projects which invariably lead to problems like traffic congestion and reduced access for residents who were there first.

And the saddest part of it all is that when it comes to the surrounding infrastructure like roads and drainage facilities, it is all the ratepayers of Petaling Jaya who have to bear the burden.

I can understand why the residents feel that the land owned by EPF has to be acquired so that road-widening can be carried out.

But as an EPF contributor who also happens to live in Kelana Jaya, I must also ask on what grounds should the land be acquired.

If the need is for a public hospital or a fire station, I would certainly agree. And there are provisions in the law to allow for such acquisitions in the public interest.

Instead, this is to assist a private developer, which will reap all the benefits of the commercial activity carried out, that is in no way paying back for the improved public works that have to be carried out.

I do not know what plans the EPF has for its land, but if it is to build a satellite office so that it is more convenient for us to do our EPF transactions, then it is certainly a worthwhile project since the benefits are of public interest.

To simply allow the land to be acquired for road-widening purposes may not be a wise decision.

I hope the authorities will bear this in mind and not come up with a solution in haste that they will regret later.

CONCERNED RESIDENT

Kelana Jaya

Full content generated by Get Full RSS.
Kredit: www.thestar.com.my

0 ulasan:

Catat Ulasan

 

The Star Online

Copyright 2010 All Rights Reserved