Selasa, 1 November 2011

The Star Online: Entertainment: TV & Radio


Klik GAMBAR Dibawah Untuk Lebih Info
Sumber Asal Berita :-

The Star Online: Entertainment: TV & Radio


AirAsia Travelogue: New travel series

Posted: 02 Nov 2011 04:44 AM PDT

Let AirAsia Travelogue host Edd Razhe help you decide on your next holiday destination.

WHAT do Maya Karin, Fauziah Latiff, Ella and Daphne Iking have in common? The answer – they are all slated to appear as guests on the soon-to-be-aired AirAsia Travelogue television series on TV3 which will be hosted by Edd Razhe.

While all the names may be familiar, that of the show's host – Edd Razhe – may not be so.

Edd is no stranger to the entertainment industry, having found and put together the talent for all-girl pop group Feminin, and was also Maya's manager for about a year.

Today, Edd is a full-time employee of AirAsia, whose job description is "PA to the Chairman and Group Deputy CEO", which refers to the airline's bigwigs Datuk Aziz Bakar and Datuk Kamarudin Meranun, respectively. According to Edd, he has known Tan Sri Tony Fernandes (AirAsia CEO) and Kamarudin since the time he was working in Warner Music (Malaysia), which he left about 10 years ago.

"I used to do a lot of marketing and communications for them. When Tony and Kamarudin bought over the airline, they took a few people with them. I would say I am one of the lucky ones. I have been with AirAsia since day one!" says Edd who was in Paris for the shooting of the series in September.

So how did the idea for an AirAsia-themed travel series come about? Edd relates that it was born out of a routine meeting with the marketing and communications department to discuss projects that could be done in conjunction with AirAsia's 10-year anniversary.

"We wanted to make it interesting and remind people how we have grown. AirAsia had been collaborating with TV3's Majalah 3 for the past few years, and I came up with the idea to have our own travelogue," says Edd, adding that both heads of department jumped on the idea.

Edd relates that taking the show from concept to reality was not easy, and it took a lot of patience and time. With encouragement, and most importantly moral support from Aziz, the show came to fruition.

"With a good team, we managed to get everything sorted out. I have a great team assisting me – Fairuz Majid from AirAsia X and Fara Hasan from Tune Group are the executive producers for this programme."

The other major consideration was who should helm the show. During that fateful meeting, it was decided that the best person to host it would be Edd himself. "They said I had been with AirAsia since day one, and knew the company well.

"I went home to think about it, and eventually asked myself, why not? For sure, it would be a big challenge, but a new experience as well.

"I have always been a behind-the-scenes kind of guy, but this time around I would be the face of AirAsia!" says Edd. Finding his feet in the role as a TV show host is new to Edd, but that has not deterred him from giving it a go.

"It wasn't easy, but after some guidance from the production team and also my own research on how to prepare myself, things fell into place," he says, adding that he now has personal insight into the phrase "never say never".

As the host of a travel programme, it is a prerequisite that Edd himself is a seasoned traveller – which he is.

"I am out of the country every other week because of work. But when it comes to my personal holidays, I would say Paris and Istanbul are my favourites. Both cities are rich in history and architecture. I am easily amazed by structures and different cultures – and, of course, the shopping scene!"

The locations for each episode were picked from the destinations that AirAsia travels to, and for Edd, it is like travelling down memory lane.

"I have visited most of the destinations before, and now I have the chance to share how interesting they can be with our viewers. (We will cover) what sort of activities the visitors can enjoy, but most importantly, how AirAsia can make it happen for everyone because of the affordable fare and packages we offer!"

Filming for the first episode on Paris has been completed, and the material is now in the editing room. Personally, Edd is very excited and describes it as a "must-watch" episode.

"I am also looking forward to making the trip to Osaka, Japan. I have never been there and I heard there are many things we can do there. You need to watch each and every episode. Each will be different because of the destination and the guest artiste!"

It is still early days yet, with shooting for most destinations yet to be completed but there are already plans for a second season.

So will Edd go back to his duties as a PA once the series reaches its conclusion?

Edd leaves the question unanswered but says: "I love AirAsia very much! This programme is my new baby in promoting AirAsia, and it goes back to my duty as an "Allstar", which is what we call ourselves at AirAsia!"

AirAsia Travelogue is a collaboration between AirAsia and TV3. The 13-episode series will premiere on Nov 20 at 7.30pm. . AirAsiaX flies to Orly, Paris airport four times a week.

Full content generated by Get Full RSS.

Parisian walkways

Posted: 02 Nov 2011 03:12 AM PDT

HERE is a peek at what to expect from the pilot episode.

Murano Urban Resort

This is a chic boutique hotel and restaurant in the heart of Paris. One of the unique traits about Paris is how the facades of all heritage buildings are preserved, but there are no limits to the changes one can make indoors.

Teo Bian Hooi, our guide from Paris Trip Tours, puts it succinctly: "You'll never know what you'll find when you open doors in Paris."

Indeed, with a buffet spread over its entire ground floor, novel furnishing, and DJ and live band playing soft jazz music, this is truly a feast for all senses.

The town of Deauville

Deauville is a picturesque seaside town that is two hours' drive from Paris. It is very popular with Parisians who go there for weekend getaways – so much so it is sometimes called Paris' "21st precinct" in reference to its 20 official precincts (arrondissement in French).

It houses beautiful villas, a horse-racing course, a lovely beach (which is also the scene of film festivals) and a historical manor where many movies were filmed (Coco Before Chanel starring Audrey Tatou being one of them).

Château de Versailles

Translated as the Palace of Versailles, it is listed as one of Unesco's World Heritage sites. It represents one of the heights of French flair in architecture and style. It was a hunting lodge before King Louis XIV expanded, transformed and made it the centre of government in 1682.

Each subsequent king added to its beauty until the reign of King Louis XVI and his wife Marie Antoinette – the latter was famously sentenced to death by guillotine during the French Revolution in the late 18th century.

The sprawling 7.87sqkm estate houses a palace, a vast garden and multiple residences. While much of its elegant furnishings are now gone, there are still significant reminders of its former glory – more than sufficient to lure in 15 million visitors a year.

Fashion and shopping

Needless to say, Paris is one of the fashion capitals of the world. France is home to major labels such as Louis Vuitton, Chanel and Yves Saint Laurent, amongst many others. One has to wonder why there is such a long queue to get into the flagship Louis Vuitton store on the famed Champs-Élysées. Also have a first look at a Guy Laroche fashion show for the Summer 2012 collection in conjunction with Paris Fashion Week.

For those shopping for designer labels on a budget, a must-visit place is the La Valée Village, where previous season collections were typically 50% off street prices.

Full content generated by Get Full RSS.

Gallic getaway

Posted: 02 Nov 2011 03:26 AM PDT

ACTRESS Maya Karin didn't need much convincing to agree to be a guest on the first episode of AirAsia Travelogue with Edd Razhe, especially when she learnt that it was set in Paris.

"I was at a buka puasa event that he organised, where he told me about this programme and asked if I wanted to come. Yeah, I did! Especially this year, which is my year of travel and I have chosen not to do that much work in KL.

"Paris for me is all about art, history and of course the fashion – I've come to love it and believe that I really fit into its fashion scene!"

Maya had been to Paris twice before – once with her parents when she was 12, and the other time as a teenager with friends.

"As a 12-year-old I was not so aware of things. It was a quick family trip through Europe, and Paris was just a day thing. I spent most of the time with my mother shopping while my dad and brothers went to Disneyland.

"I came back when I was 18 and soaked up more of the sights and had some good food," Maya recalls.

"Now, as an adult, I appreciate the bigger picture of Paris. There's the architecture, for example – which I notice much more now – its beauty and the way things are preserved. It would not be the same if its buildings were all new. That's why other cities in France are not as special. New buildings? Big deal!"

Another thing that Maya appreciates in Paris is the anonymity – something that she does not have back home in Malaysia.

She describes how she has to put on sunglasses and a cap every time she goes into a shopping centre, and only going when it is not crowded.

"It's not that people hunt me down or clamber over themselves (to see me). It's just a bit uncomfortable sometimes, with people looking at what I'm picking up.

"There are people here in Paris who recognise me, but it's just one or two – still a lot less than in London, that's for sure!"

All in all, Maya found the Paris experience a pleasant one. And what about the perception that the French will be aloof to anyone who does not speak their language?

"That was not the case at all! I didn't find a single person who snubbed his nose at us. English communication has been very easy, really."

She is also very anxious to see the end result of their Paris shoot.

"I think we recorded a nice episode. We have a lot of material, and we're trying to make it into two episodes – it would be a shame not to."

But as things stand her involvement starts and ends in Paris.

"I think its going to be a great show. I wish I could be involved in each episode because Edd's great fun and we get along and we present quite well together. But alas, we have to give other artistes a chance.

"On this episode, I was the guest and it's far more casual – I am allowed to just be myself. It's more like hanging out and telling the audience what fun we're having."

Full content generated by Get Full RSS.
Kredit: www.thestar.com.my

0 ulasan:

Catat Ulasan

 

The Star Online

Copyright 2010 All Rights Reserved