Sabtu, 3 September 2011

The Star Online: Metro: Central


Klik GAMBAR Dibawah Untuk Lebih Info
Sumber Asal Berita :-

The Star Online: Metro: Central


Dream come true for Chelsia Ng

Posted: 03 Sep 2011 07:33 AM PDT

CHELSIA Ng has managed to grow beyond her achievements as an actress and singer to become a composer – a culmination of what has been a lifelong love of music.

"Since I was young, I never ever thought I would be able to write and compose a song, but now I have done it. It is a very good achievement," she said.

Ng would premiere her first single, a song written and composed by her, entitled Not a Lie in a music video under YES Entertainment this Sept 9.

She was inspired to write songs after she attended weddings of her close friends and was pretty much caught up with all the love and festivities.

One of the first songs she wrote was a wedding gift for her friend.

"I have written poems before but was never able to compile the words with a melody that made some sense," said Ng, whose accomplishments stretch from her comedic stints on Kopitiam to a role in the award-winning and critically-acclaimed film Papadom.

The Penangite cites her family and grandfather as her greatest influence and support in her career and passion.

"My parents love music and that love has passed on to my brother and I. Our home was — and still is — always filled with music," said Ng.

Her foray into the entertainment industry began with Asia Bagus — a popular regional singing competition that she participated at age 14 after much persuasion from her grandfather and parents.

Upon graduation from school, Ng studied at the Australian Academy of Dramatic Art in Sydney and did a short stint as a flight stewardess, before pursuing a career in the entertainment industry.

Ng has since acted in various TV shows and movies, performed songs and recorded demos, and served as hosts for several TV programmes.

"Different songs evoke different feelings in people – sadness, love or happiness. Sometimes a song comes on the radio and that immediately changes and determines the mood for the day.

"I want my songs to have that effect on people and make them happy," she asserted.

On her song writing experiences, Ng said: "I find that anything is possible if you put your heart into it and I am looking forward to writing more.

"It's a challenge for me, so I have to sit myself down and really focus on what I want to do.

"However, the inspiration for most of my songs did not come from sitting in a room. The first verse for Not a Lie came as I was taking the elevator down to get my morning nasi lemak!"

Her music video is written and directed by Ng Ping Ho, the award-winning director and producer of Kopitiam TV series fame.

Describing her music video team as the "dream team", Ng said she could not have asked for a better team.

"Everyone who worked on the video did it out of the love they have for their craft and out of the goodness of their heart.

"We had fun during the two-days shoot. I am very grateful," she said.

Ng said her debut album will contain 11 songs in English, Malay and Mandarin that she hopes to release by the middle of next year.

"The album will include two Mandarin tracks composed by my brother, and I'm hoping to perform a duet with Douglas Lim," she said.

"I feel like the luckiest girl on earth with so many angels helping me along the way throughout my career."

Fans can interact with Ng via http://chelsiang.com, facebook.com/ngchelsia, twitter.com/chelsiang or askchelsia@gmail.com.

Her music video will debut on the web at http://world.yes.my/entertainment

Auditors go green

Posted: 03 Sep 2011 04:46 AM PDT

DELEGATES of the recently concluded world-class 2011 IIA International Conference have responded to Malaysia Convention & Exhibition Bureau's (MyCEB) proactive eco-action to green the earth by fulfilling their pledge of RM25,000 to plant 250 trees at the Forest Research Institute Malaysia (FRIM) as part of the Malaysia Business Tourism Green Programme.

Held for the first time in Asia, the 2011 IIA International Conference attracted more than 2,200 internal auditors and governance practitioners from 93 countries.

MyCEB chief executive officer Zulkefli Sharif said, "We are delighted with the contribution from the delegates. It is our hope that this will spark and encourage more participation from business events held in Malaysia to be part of the programme".

The programme was launched last year in support of the government's commitment to offset carbon emissions by 40% by year 2020.

It operates on the simple premise whereby event delegates are given the opportunity to contribute a minimum of US$10 (RM30) for the tree planting.

"This is our first CSR green project with MyCEB and we hope this green effort can help inspire environmental awareness amongst our 3,000 members to undertake similar green initiatives," said conference organising chairman Wee Hock Kee.

Kredit: www.thestar.com.my

0 ulasan:

Catat Ulasan

 

The Star Online

Copyright 2010 All Rights Reserved